(Updated 11:52 CET 18 AUG 2017)
Situation in Barcelona 17th August 2017
SAS is deeply saddened by the attack in Barcelona city and convey our deepest condolences to the families and friends of those affected.
The situation in Barcelona city is followed closely by SAS and we are planning to operate according to schedule.
We can offer you below rebooking and refund options and you can always check your Flight Status or view your flight details in My Trips.
Rebook your flight
Is the departure date of your flight to or from Barcelona on Friday 18 August to Sunday 20 August 2017 and your ticket number starts with 117 issued on/before 17 August on a SAS operated flight?
Please see below options and rules:
Change your travel dates
- You may voluntary change your travel dates to a SAS operated flight to or from Barcelona once.
- You can change your travel dates only if the same service class is available as mentioned in your original ticket.
- You will not have to pay the change fee.
- SAS will not absorb costs such as, but not limited to, accommodation, food and surface transportation for voluntary rebookings.
How to rebook
- Log into My Trip and change your travel dates and/or destination yourself if (you need to change country on the website to the same as where you did your original booking)
If you are checked in you need to cancel your check-in before you rebook your flight.
Applies for SAS flights 18 August to Sunday 20 August 2017
Your original SAS ticket must have been booked through SAS website.
Origin and destination must be according to original ticket
Your journey has not started yet
You are not travelling with a baby
You did not request a special service (e.g. ordered a special meal, are travelling as an unaccompanied minor, have requested transportation of a wheelchair or pet)
- Contact us by telephone.
- Did you book your ticket via a travel agent or a tour operator? Please contact your travel agent to rebook your flight.
Your Travel agent can also help you to rebook to other airlines if your flight has been cancelled.
Apply for a refund
You are entitled to a full refund of your ticket if your flight was cancelled by SAS, or was delayed for more than 3 hours and you did not travel.
How to request a refund for cancelled flights
- If you bought your ticket via SAS and your ticket number starts with 117, you can apply for a refund online in just a few steps. You can also call us, click here for numbers.
- If you booked via a travel agent or a tour operator, please contact them directly.
Please note, if you have booked via a travel agent or a third party and you would like to have a refund, they will need to request a refund on your behalf, as we can only reimburse the person or company who make the booking.
Electronic Devices – TSA (DHS – Department of homeland security)
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security is implementing enhanced security measures, both seen and unseen, at all last-point-of-departure airports in 105 countries around world. The enhanced security measures are both seen and unseen; however, passengers flying to the United States may experience additional screening of their person and property. There are no changes to items allowed in carry-on and checked baggage.
The enhanced security measures include but are not limited to:
· Enhancing overall passenger screening;
· Conducting heightened screening of personal electronic devices;
· Increasing security protocols around aircraft and in passenger areas; and
· Deploying advanced technology, expanding canine screening, and establishing additional preclearance locations.
For further information:
Fact Sheet: Aviation Enhanced Security Measures for All Commercial Flights to the United States
Restrictions of admittance to USA June 29th 2017
Effective on June 29th 2017 the United States will for a period of 90 days limit entry for below foreign nationals travelling to the USA. Should you have any questions regarding your visa, please contact the US Embassy.
The new rules will have impact on issuance of new visas for persons from the six countries. At check-in the decision whether to accept a passenger or not with an airline, lies with the US authorities. Full refund is permitted in case of rejection of VISA related to this travel ban.
Road works in Berlin will affect traffic to/from Berlin Tegel (TXL)
In Berlin there will be 3 larger construction sites, 23JUN17-03SEP17.
The road works may to a certain extent, and depending on the time of the day, heavily affect the landside access of TXL Airport, mainly for those arriving by cars, taxis or long distance buses.
It is recommended to allow extra time for travel to/from the airport and if possible use public transport, underground (U-Bahn) or City trains (S-Bahn).
For details check here.
Travel to France
All French airports except Charles de Gaulle (CDG) and Orly (ORY) have border controls for Schengen arrivals and departures.
All passengers must present a valid National ID card or valid Passport when arriving or departing from France. Passengers inhibited to present a valid National ID card or valid Passport will be refused entry to France.
Links to related pages
Is my flight arriving on time?